Join us for rustic wooded camping, live music, huge raffle and silent auction of VW related items, great family fun activities like tie dying, rock climbing wall, high ropes course, kids talent show, community breakfast Monday morning and more! Enjoy sandy beaches and crystal clear blue water, surfing (bring your wet suit & board and hopefully catch some tasty waves), nature trails in the woods, miles of paved bike trails, and the company of hundreds of your best friends! All VW's and VW lovers are welcome. No need to have a bus!
We are excited to announce the Bus Benefit 2022 Music lineup!
Woods Stage - Acoustic Performances
- Primitive Camping with no electricity or water. There is a potable water source and a bath house with showers and restroom facilities on the main campus across the road from where we will be camping. There will be porta-potties on site.
- Due to the success during our 2019 event, we are continuing our pack in, pack out trash policy.
-Lakeshore Drive is extremely busy and cars drive FAST. Please be careful crossing the street.
- No generators, no drums or individual fires. For safety reasons, we have constructed community fire pits for everyone to enjoy.
- Dogs are welcome if they are friendly, remain on a leash under the control of their owner, do well in crowds and are cleaned up after. Unruly animals and their owners will be asked to leave.
- Please be aware that there is poison ivy in and around the camping area. Be on the alert for it. In the past, it has been heavy in the area of the berm and along the treeline near Lakeshore Drive.
- Insect repellent is a good idea. May is tick season!
- There is overflow parking on Lakeshore Dr and Pierce St. Vehicles must be at least 30 ft from the intersection of Pierce and Lakeshore and should park parallel to the road on Pierce. Angled parking is required on Lakeshore. Vehicle tires cannot touch the road or the bike path at any time.
- Alcohol is permitted but obnoxious drunks are not. This is a family friendly camping event so please be respectful of others.
- Ropes and Rocks Pass is $15 per person. This activity is for anyone between the ages of 9 to 90. Outdoor Adventure Professionals will be on hand to run the High Ropes Course and the Rock Climbing Wall. Please stay off the Wall and the Ropes course when it is not staffed. Wristbands may be purchased at the Buses By The Beach merchandise booth.
***Returning This Year***
Early entry to Bus Benefit 2022 will be available to Volkswagen Bus Owners who arrive IN THEIR BUS and have purchased a weekend pass. Early entry will begin on Thursday, May 26, 2022 @ 4:00 PM.
Again, This is only for Volkswagen Bus Owners who arrive IN THEIR BUS. No Exceptions. - Gates open to ALL ticket holders on Friday, May 27, 2022 @ 9:00 AM.
Per Person Weekend Admission Rates for those 18 and older:
- Advance tickets are $95.
- Gate admission will be available for $125.
Day passes will be available at the gate for $65 per person.
18 & over pay the above prices
17 and under free when accompanied by a paid adult
There is limited space at Camp Blodgett to accommodate vehicles in the camping area. This year we will be charging a vehicle fee of $30 for ALL NON VW Bus vehicles including motorcycles, hovercraft and popemobiles.
Once again, we are offering an RV Pass for Large RVs. This applies to ALL RVs 19 feet or longer. The RV Pass will cost $75 and THERE ARE ONLY 6 AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE. **This pass does not include the cost of admission to the event. Weekend tickets must be purchased in addition to this pass.**
***Ticket prices are per person & do not include vehicle fee.
***Buses By the Beach will continue to consult with the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services and the Ottawa County Health Department regarding requirements for COVID-19 precautions. Please be advised that we will comply with any precautionary actions that those agencies require at the time of the event. We are determined to bring our tribe back to the beach, and we will do whatever it takes to move forward with our event and keep it safe for all!
*** Event will take place rain or shine. NO REFUNDS. NO CANCELLATIONS. NO EXCEPTIONS.